October 13, 2015 Leave a comment
It’s well overdue – a blog showing the entries added to the Geelong and District Database – especially as the last one was back in December 2014! That doesn’t mean that I haven’t been adding lots of entries – I just haven’t done a blog on the additions.
Since the last major update last December, there are now 1,646,239 entries in the Geelong and District Database. Latest additions include:
- Surnames of Interest entries – 18 new entries [1,143 submitters in total]
- 1970 Electoral Roll, Division of Corangamite: Subdivisions of Rokewood, Bannockburn, Beech Forest, Cobden, and Belmont North [part] – 8,605 entries
- Winchelsea Presbyterian Church 1869 – 1871 – 1971 [Book] – 313 Entries
- Leopold & District 1914-1918: commemorating Leopold Red Cross, 100 years of community service [Book] – 589 entries
- Vixens & Vagabonds: Geelong Police Court Reports 1880 & 1881 [Book] – 2,139 entries
- Alexander Webb 1813 – 1892 [Book] – 132 entries
- Mount Hesse: History, humour and hazards on a sheep station 1837-1985 [Book] – 758 entries
- Otways at war: World War 1 Barramunga, Barwon Downs, Forrest, Gerangamete, Murroon & Pennyroyal [Book] – 1,070 entries
- Deputy Registrars of BDMs in Victoria 1853-1901 – 3,805 entries
Details on these indexes can be found in the Geelong & District Potpourri pages.
And don’t forget to search again for your ancestors in the Geelong & District Database – they could have been in the last load of additions!