Tomorrow is Melbourne Cup Day [Tuesday 4 November 2014 for those living under a bush]. In Melbourne that means that your favourite research centre may be closed along with most other places. Don’t panic – it’s a great opportunity to head to Geelong and the Geelong Heritage Centre.
Why not make a day of it?
- Geelong Heritage Centre – expert help with your research – entry to the Heritage Centre is free
- Geelong Art Gallery – some great current exhibitions – entry to the Gallery is free
- National Wool Museum – check the details as there is an entry fee to the Wool Museum exhibitions
- Visit one or more of the historic cemeteries in the region. Prepare for your visit – search the Geelong Cemeteries Trust database online for details and locations of individual burials
- Enjoy a stroll along the waterfront and our renowned bollards trail – and even better, the forecast for Geelong is a lovely 28 degrees
- Visit our famous Geelong Botanic Gardens – they’re free too!
- Come by train or car – plenty of options.
- Oh – and the shops are open too 🙂
Come and visit US – we’re a friendly mob!