One of the reasons that there is so much information on the Geelong & District web site and in the Geelong & District Database is because of VOLUNTEERS.
There are many ways that YOU could contribute:
- Visit your local family or history society or museum and ASK what you can help with
- Offer to index / transcribe items for the Geelong & District Database – you don’t have to live in the region to contribute – just have access to a computer and email
- Lodge a copy of your family history research with a relevant local society – not only does it add to their research resources but other people researching the same families can then get in touch with you
- Support the local groups’ meetings, seminars and events – offer to give a talk on your family or local history research
- The options are endless – perhaps a group just needs some help with developing or maintaining their web site.
- All sorts of skills are constantly needed and your input would be greatly appreciated