Latest additions to database
November 30, 2013 3 Comments
Break O’Day, later called Corindhap, featured in Shot for Gold: the murder of Thomas Ulick Burke on the Woady Yaloak Goldfield – a fascinating reconstruction from many original records of this murder which resulted in two executions. Details are now part of the Geelong & District Database.
Recent additions to the database include a number of local history books.
We now have 1,423,946 records in the Geelong and District database. This is what’s been added since the last major update on 24 November:
- The Life of our Years: a pictorial chronology of Geelong – Book – 1,534 entries
- Vision Splendid: Geelong – Book – 91 entries
- Shot for Gold: the murder of Thomas Ulick Burke on the Woady Yaloak Goldfields – Book – 423 entries
- The Sisters of Mercy, Queenscliff 1916-1992 – Book – 151 entries
- The Life & Times of Jack Borbidge – Book – 324 entries
- Shipwrecks at Barwon Heads 1853-1940 and The Historic Barwon – Book – 421 entries
- Shire of Bannockburn: from pioneers to presidents – Book – 871 entries
- Geelong District: Midwives from the Victoria Government Gazette 1941, 1954 – 84 entries ***
*** This completes the series of Registers of Midwives however we are missing one year where we can’t find the Register for 31 December 1921 which would normally have appeared in the first half of 1922. If anyone locates this register, please get in touch. We’re now starting on the Registers of Nurses from the Geelong District.
And don’t forget to search again for your ancestors in the Geelong & District Database – they could have been in the last load of additions!