Mount Moriac – Duneed baptisms plus more
April 7, 2012 1 Comment
The featured index in the latest bundle of additions to the Geelong & District Database is for baptisms at St Patrick’s Roman Catholic church at Mount Moriac – also referred to as the Duneed Mission. Separate pages for each year were found at the end of the St Mary’s Geelong baptism registers – these covered the years 1875-1881. Earlier years [1855-1873] had already been included in our GDHA Church Records database and indexed in the Geelong & District Database.
These new entries generally include parents’ names, mother’s maiden name, residence and sponsors – so if you’re looking for more on someone in the Mt Moriac / Duneed area in 1875-1881 these baptisms could help you.
This is the list of additions since 24 March making a total of 1,266,631 entries in the database:
- Geelong District: GDHA Church records – Duneed Mission RC 1875-1881 [St Patrick’s, Mount Moriac] – Baptisms [inc. Fathers, Mothers & Sponsors] – 539 entries
- Book – The History of the Geelong Golf Club 1892-1992 – 4,141 entries
- Colac Shire: Rate Books 1890-91 [GRS 1393] – 2,417 entries
- South Barwon Courts: Petty Sessions Registers 1861-1863 [VPRS 350] – 634 entries
- Geelong District: names from the Geelong Advertiser [groups, prizes etc.] – 592 entries
- Geelong District: names from the Geelong Times [groups, prizes etc.] – 1,129 entries
- Geelong District: Hospital Admissions from the Geelong Times – 106 entries
- Geelong District: Grapevine compensation lists from the Geelong Times – 104 entries
Details on these indexes can be found in the Geelong & District Potpourri pages.
And don’t forget to search again for your ancestors in the Geelong & District Database – they could have been in the last load of additions!