Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!! We now have more than 900,000 entries in our database and heading in the right direction to reach that magic 1,000,000 mark.
It’s amazing what you can get done when you have a few days off – like sort out some of the indexes done by our terrific volunteers and manipulate them to import into the Geelong & District Database.
Since the last blog – and that was only one and a half days ago – this is what’s been added:
- Portarlington: Mechanic’s Institute petition in 1860 [VPRS 5357]
- Murroon: names on Parish plan
- Geelong Times: Deaths at Geelong Hospital 1882-83 – there aren’t heaps but what’s there is pure quality – wish they were my ancestors! Details include age; date of admission; date of death; cause of death; former abode; native place; arrival date and ship
- Drysdale: Police receipt book
- Victoria: Geelong Advertiser list of Ayrshire emigrants of 1854
- Colac Shire: Rate Books 1863-64
- Barrabool Shire: Obituary Book 1972-77
- Drysdale: Racing Club Minute Book 1874-1895
- Drysdale: Court Suitors Book 1862-1864
- Geelong City Council: WWII Servicemen and women enlistments
- Geelong Decorating Company: employees at William Nash’s Paint and Paper Store
- Geelong Branch Australian Womens National League: members in 1906
- Additions to Geelong Court of Insolvency records
Details on these indexes can be found in the Geelong & District Potpourri pages.
Updating those stats from the last blog – as most of these indexes were done in 2011 – they just had to wait until I had a bit more free time to work on them and get them in the database!
- 9th January 2011 – 785,753 entries
- 2nd January 2012 – 901,013 entries
- 115,260 entries added to the Geelong & District Database in 2011
I think we can all celebrate that sort of effort. I hope you find YOUR ancestors in this great collection.
What a wonderful team of volunteers – THANK YOU!