November 24, 2013 2 Comments
Geelong Hospital features in the latest additions to the Geelong and District database with the index of the book Visions & Realities: a history of the Geelong Infirmary & Benevolent Asylum by Dr W R (Roy) Lang.
It also includes the final part of the index to Pioneering Days: a woman’s life compiled by the Colac & District Family History Group. The complete index for this book contains 6,809 entries and provides a wonderful ‘local directory’ for people in the region. Where the same people appear multiple times, by referring to the entry in the book you will find the relevant years for each reference – a terrific resource. The book can be purchased from the Colac & District Family History Group.
We now have 1,420,041 records in the Geelong and District database. This is what’s been added since the last major update on 10 November:
- Visions & Realities: a history of the Geelong Infirmary & Benevolent Asylum – Book – 575 entries
- Pioneering Days: a woman’s life – Book – 2,683 entries
- The Lockies of Gheringhap – Book – 391 entries
- Ss Peter and Paul’s, Ashby 1866-1966 – Book – 292 entries
- Geelong District entries from Index: Mail Contractors of Victoria 1838 to 1901 – 305 entries
- Geelong District entries from Index Victoria’s Postmasters and Postmistresses 1837 to 1901 – 835 entries
And don’t forget to search again for your ancestors in the Geelong & District Database – they could have been in the last load of additions!